The Institute is part of a cluster of excellence for research, training and transfer of knowledge (LabEx BRAIN)*, itself embedded in Bordeaux Excellence initiative. IINS is a leading component of Bordeaux Neurocampus.
It collaborates actively with local, national and international scientific communities and the industrial world, in the fields of neuroscience, physics, chemistry and computer science such as the Bordeaux Imaging Center (BIC), Institute of Neurodegenerative Diseases (IMN), Magendie NeuroCenter (NCM), Functional Genomic Center of Bordeaux (CGFB), Institut d’optique Graduate school LP2N.
▪ The Nouvelle-Aquitaine Region is a key partner of the Institute for research development.
▪ IINS is a partner of France BioImaging and Euro BioImaging infrastructures at both national and international level.
▪ The Institute is a member of an international laboratory together with Singapore and belongs to many European networks such as European Neuroscience Campus and Tempus.
▪ IINS has developed several collaborative international partnerships with academic and industrial laboratories in Europe, the USA and Japan through various programs, including HFSP and ERA-Net Neuron.
* The training unit of Biology (UF Biologie) - Bordeaux University.